Caught in a beauty blunder? Need damage control? Well never fear, my Beauty Hacks are here!!
Here is a list of 25 quick and easy tips and tricks that I have compiled to help you through a variety of beauty mishaps:
1. Rub raw garlic on blemishes to get rid of them fast.
2. Put honey on a breakout, cover with a bandaid and keep on overnight to get rid of breakouts fast.
3. If you don’t have any oil blotting sheets, a cheap alternative are coffee filters.
4. Coconut oil has multiple uses – hair mask, eye makeup remover and use it instead of shaving cream for silkier legs.
5. If you have puffy eyes, use cold spoons or cold green tea bags.
6. Need to cover your greys fast? Use mascara or eye shadow to cover greys before you can get in to the salon.
7. If you applied too much hair product, just use some dry shampoo.
8. Fix broken eyes shadow with rubbing alcohol. Apply a tiny bit of the alcohol to the broken powder and press down with a spoon until mixed. Then press with paper towel to smooth.
9. Dab a bit of lipstick onto cheeks for an alternative to cream blush.
10. If you don’t have a contour brush, you can make one with your blush brush. Just use a bobby pin on your blush brush to give the thinner shape like this:
11. Bronzer can double as eye shadow – it creates a nice, neutral shade on your lids for everyday wear (Note: I do this EVERYDAY!)
12. For the perfect line every time, apply your favourite kohl liner to your eyelash curler – curls and lines your lashes all in one!
13. If you have run out of eyeliner, just sweep an eyeliner brush over your mascara wand and use it as a substitute.
14. If you do not have eyebrow gel, just spray hairspray on a spoolie and use that to tame unruly brows.
15. Place scotch tape along the edge of your eye to get the perfect cat eye every time!
16. Apply eyelash glue to your lash line with an eyeliner brush. Then when you apply your false lashes, they will have nowhere else to stick other than where you applied the glue.
17. If you got mascara on your lid, wait 30 seconds for it to dry and use a dry cotton swab to remove it without ruining your eye shadow.
18. Apply eye drops to your mascara if it goes flaky (Note: ALWAYS replace your mascara every 3 months! No one wants an eye infection!)
19. Use a silicone oven mitt as a cheap alternative for a makeup brush cleansing mitt.
20. Place Vaseline on pulse points before applying perfume to make it last longer (I shared this tip on my post all about fragrance – check it out here:
21. If you got makeup on your clothes, use shaving cream and wipe away with a damp cloth.
22. Put your nail polish in the fridge for 15 minutes before applying – it will go on smoother.
23. To prevent your feet slipping in your heels, put a panty liner on the insole and it will absorb the sweat and no one will see it.
24. Get rid of deodorant marks on your clothing by rubbing pantyhose over the marks.
25. Sprinkle some baking soda on top of your toothpaste once a week for whiter teeth.
Hopefully these tips will get you through any beauty crisis you may stumble upon! (Phew! Crisis averted!)
Let me know some of your beauty hacks that you swear by!