Now that the weather is changing (albeit back and forth and back again), it’s time to switch gears in your beauty habits!
Changes in temperature can wreak havoc on your skin and hair, so I am here to help you adjust to the seasonal Do-Si-Do!
Here are my Cold Weather Beauty Tips to keep you beautiful all winter long:
- Moisturize, moisturize, MOISTURIZE (I cannot stress this enough!) Moisturize as soon as you get out of the shower and throughout the day as needed! I am constantly applying hand lotion during the day and especially after I wash my hands!
- Make sure to use a facial moisturizer with SPF (although it’s cold out, the sun is producing UVA and UVB rays that are still damaging to your skin!)
- As your face is often the MOST exposed, try switching up your beauty routine. Stay away from products with alcohol and try a thicker moisturizer!
- Lip balm should be kept handy at all times! And don’t forget your lips need SPF too!
- If lips are dry and chapped, use a clean toothbrush and gently exfoliate and follow with your trusty lip balm (my favourite is still Nipple Cream.
- Hydrate – drink plenty of water! (MOISTURIZE from the inside out)
- Stick to a healthy diet including healthy fats! This will help to keep your body and skin nourished!
- Wear toques, scarves and mitts to not only keep you warm but to protect your skin and hair!
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes! Wind and glare are harsh on your eyes so make sure to protect your peeps!
- Invest in a humidifier – it will really help your skin as the heat pumping through your house can really make the air dry! No bueno for smooth skin…
- Exfoliation is key! Try using a dry brush.
- Remember that a nice hot shower feels great, but too much hot water can really make your skin irritated and dry! Try using lukewarm water instead!
- Use a hair mask to hydrate those strands. My ride or die for a number of beauty needs is coconut oil! I coat it on my hair from root to tip and leave on for at least 30 minutes or overnight! Coconut oil is also great if you notice any itchiness or flaking.
- If you suffer from static strands – try putting a dryer sheet over your brush before brushing out your hair.
- Air dry your hair as often as you can. Your hair may already be dry and prone to breakage from the weather so heat styling could cause further damage!
- Are your heels suffering? Use a pumice stone in the shower to exfoliate, lather on some thick cream (Vaseline works well!) and put on some cotton socks to sleep in! You will wake up with baby-soft feet!
- If you notice your nails are brittle, try using olive or coconut oil around your cuticles.
Now your well-equipped to survive the dreaded winter months (well at least where your hair and skin are concerned!)
Just follow these tips and your hair and skin will thank you!!
Do you have any cold weather beauty tips and tricks you swear by? Have any questions? Let me know!