Hello my beauties! As we are now in July, we are right in the heart of wedding season!
As it is wedding season, I am sharing with you all my beauty tips and tricks to prepare for a big event. Whether you are a bride-to-be, bridesmaid, a guest or, you just want to look your absolute best no matter what day it is, check out my tips below:
TIPS & TRICKS
6 Months to 1 Year Before
- It’s time to reevaluate your skin care regimen. If you do not have a skin care regimen, this would be the best time to start. Research online or speak to a professional on what sort of products you should use based on your skin type. The key steps are toning, cleansing, and moisturizing both morning and at night. You may also have some trouble areas that you need to target. Exfoliating at least once a week should also be added into your routine. As well, this is the time to start getting facials on the reg! This will help to keep your skin looking flawless.
- This is the time to start eating a more clean and healthy diet and begin exercising. I absolutely hate dieting and I’m the worst for exercising regularly so this feels somewhat hypocritical (who else doesn’t just love laying on the couch and eating pizza?!) BUT, I do notice a big difference in my skin when I do eat healthy and workout more regularly. Another key step is to drink tons of water. Again, I’m so bad for this but once again when I do, my skin looks amazing! (I really need to practice what I preach)
1-2 Months Before
- A couple months before the big day is the time to start teeth whitening. You can always have your teeth be professionally whitened but as I have mentioned this before, I absolutely love Crest Whitestrips!
- Now is the time to have your makeup and hair consultation! Schedule a time with your beauty gurus and go over what kind of look you wish to achieve for the big day! Photograph your look to see how you like the look in pictures. Do you love the lip colour the makeup artist used? You may want to consider purchasing it so you will have it on your big day for any touch-ups. As you know, Erin Berry has her own makeup line – Oh So Pretty Cosmetics. That means the Pro Makeup Coach Team can do your makeup and sell you the lip colour on the spot! How easy is that?!
- How’s your skin looking? Are you keeping up with your regimen? It’s time to check up on how your skin is doing to see if you need to make any adjustments.
- Keep drinking water!
2 Weeks Before
- Planning on having your hair cut and coloured? This is the time to do it. This will allow the dye to really settle.
- Also at the 2 week mark, you should get your eyebrows into tip top shape. Whether you are an advocate for waxing or threading, this is the time to do it. You can always pluck any stray hairs that pop up before the big day. This would be the ideal time to get your brows tinted as well. Check out my post all about brow tinting and make sure to visit Erin Berry to get your brows looking their absolute best!
- Water, water, water!
1-2 Days Before
- Time to get your mani and pedi! It would probably be best to get shellac as it would be the absolute worst if you ended up with a chip on your big day! (The horror!)
- Are you a spray tan kind of person? It would be best to get your spray tan a couple days before so that it really sets in and looks the most natural.
- You better still be drinking tons of water!
- Make sure you get plenty of rest so that you have no bags under your eyes.
And there you have it! Now you can make sure you are looking your absolute best for your big day!
Do you have any beauty tips and/or tricks that you like to do before a big event? Let me know!