Do you ever get stuck in a beauty rut? You feel like you have been using the same products and rocking the same look for so long that you just feel sort of blah? I know I do! So, when this happens, I research. The beauty world is constantly evolving and new products and techniques are always coming out! My biggest inspiration? CELEBRITIES!!
Love them or hate them, many celebrities have access to the best dermatologists, makeup artists and beauty experts in the world! So, who better to look to when your beauty routine needs a pick-me-up?!
Today, I’m listing beauty secrets from celebrities that I found to be the most helpful!
- To revive and de-puff her skin, Candice Swanepoel splashes her face with extremely cold water every morning (Kate Moss does this too!)
- Olivia Culpo always eats her greens and cut out dairy from her diet which cleared up her cystic acne.
- Emma Stone has allergies to many products so she uses Josie Maran’s Argan Oil and olive oil to moisturize her skin.
- Margot Robbie uses Benpanthen as lip balm which is a nipple cream. (See?! I’m not crazy! Read about my obsession with nipple cream here)
- To prevent wrinkles around her eyes, Jennifer Aniston uses Vaseline every night.
- To keep her skin hydrated while traveling, Chrissy Teigen uses SK-II Facial Treatment Masks. Also, she uses La Mer The Concentrate for stretch marks.
- Kerry Washington swears by green juices and fish oil pills and cut out dairy from her diet. Her skin always looks flawless!
- Christy Turlington Burns has stood the test of time and she apparently just doesn’t age! Her immortal, luminous skin is thanks to a diet filled with cod and she uses different supplements of vitamin C, zinc, marine complex, lycophene and grapeseed extract. (Running to Shopper’s as we speak to stock up on all of these products!)
- Beyoncé keeps her skin looking dewy and glowing by slathering her face with Aquaphor before going to bed.
- Kylie Jenner swears by Crest 3D Whitestrips (Check out my teeth whitening blogpost where I talk about this product)
- Olivia Palermo uses Vaseline to remove makeup and believes there are no excuses for not removing your makeup every night (Amen!)
- Khloe Kardashian uses Mario Badescu’s Drying Lotion anytime she has a breakout and leaves it on overnight. The next morning, her blemish is gone!
- Priyanka Chopra uses Bio Oil on her entire body to keep her skin hydrated and blemish-free! (Note: I have a serious girl crush on Priyanka Chopra! I think she is absolutely stunning!!!)
- Gigi Hadid‘s all-time favourite fragrance is Giorgio Arman’s Acqua Di Gioia. Also, her makeup artist Patrick Ta broke down how to glow just like Gigi with these steps:
- Prep and Prime;
- Use a foundation that will give you a glow like Giorgio Armani’s Fluid Silk;
- Powder; and,
- Finish off with Becca’s Highlighter in Champagne Pop.
- Although there are always new beauty products on the market, sometimes you just stick to your tried and true. Kim Kardashian mentioned in her recent collaboration Get Ready With Me video with Jaclyn Hill that she still loves using the Ben Nye Banana Powder that was mentioned in her beauty routine over a decade ago. (https://youtu.be/GEhOZooB3bw)
And there you have it! Whether it is a new scent, a new skin care regimen or perhaps going back to an old staple – switching up your beauty routine can help you get out of your beauty rut! What do you do when you are stuck in a beauty rut?