Hello, my Beauties! This week I have a VERY special post. This week’s Y Beauty blogpost is my 50th! I seriously, cannot believe I’m here!
When I decided to follow through with my dream to have my own beauty blog, I honestly didn’t know what to expect. I wasn’t sure if I could write a single blogpost, let alone 50! I wanted to make sure this post was momentous and marked the occasion. I couldn’t decide what to write about so I asked some ladies at my office if they had any ideas. One of the lovely ladies (love you Mama Jan!), recommended a gold makeup look to follow along the theme of a 50th wedding anniversary wherein the traditional gift is gold.
I instantly realized this idea was perfect, not just for the special occasion, but also because it’s SO me! When you ask my niece, Azizah, what her Auntie Ya-Ya’s favourite colour is, you know what she answers? GOLD!
I love gold jewellery (the Arab in me), gold decor pieces, gold makeup. Pretty much I love anything GOLD!
So to celebrate my 50th blogpost, check out my “I LOVE GOOOLD!” Makeup Look below:
How To Achieve This Look:
(All products are listed with links at the end of this post)
1. Before you start anything, you should always begin any makeup look with freshly moisturized skin. Once your skin is moisturized, it is time to prep! Apply an eye primer all over your lid and under eye area. My newest obsession is the Oh So Pretty Cosmetics Prime Time Eye and Lip Primer – it’s not only great for preventing creasing in your shadows, but it also has some pigmentation so it conceals any discolouration!
2. Next, it’s time for shadows! I always begin with my eyes first when I’m doing a more dramatic look so if there is any fallout, I can wipe it away before applying foundation and concealer. For eyeshadow, I used the Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Palette for this look:
- I used a fluffy eyeshadow brush and picked up both Silk Creme and M.F.E.O. and applied these shades all over the lid.
- I then used that same brush and applied a mixture of Butter and Pooter just on the outer corner. Make sure to blend, blend, blend!
- Next, I took a flat shadow brush and picked up Queen and applied that just on the lid. It did not go on as vibrant and as gold as I wanted at first. So, to get the colour payoff I wanted, I lightly sprayed some setting spray on my brush and picked up some more Queen on my brush and applied it on my lid. This is an amazing trick for getting more vibrant pigmentation!
- I then used that same fluffy brush as before (with no extra product) to lightly go over and blend my crease to ensure there were no harsh lines.
- I used the same fluffy brush again and picked up both Meeks and S.B.N. and applied these shades just on the outer corner. I didn’t want it too heavy, but enough to give my lid some depth and make that gold really stand out!
- Eyeliner time! I used the Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner in Trooper to create a wing. This eyeliner is still hands down my favourite for creating a wing! It does not move and it is SO black!
- I then used the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner in West (This shade is from Urban Decay’s Blackout Market Collection, but it is unfortunately no longer available. However, they do have an array of shades to choose from!) I applied this liner just on the outer 1/3 of my lower lash line. Applying your eyeliner this way helps to accentuate or create (if you do not have) the almond shape to your eyes.
- I went back to the Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Palette and used a small pencil brush to apply Central over the West liner to smudge it out and blend it into my lashes. We do not want any harsh lines
3. Now, we are going to move onto the face (we aren’t done with the eyes yet, but we will finish them in a bit!) I used the Smashbox Pore Minimizing Photo Finish Primer to prep my face and then applied the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Matte Foundation in Natural Beige all over the face. I use a foundation brush to apply the product to the skin first and then go in with the Morphe Highlight and Contour Sponge to ensure it is well blended (a little tip from Erin Berry!)4. Conceal don’t feel, don’t let them knooooowwww…Frozen anyone? No? Ok, moving on…
4. It’s concealer time! I used the Morphe Highlight and Contour Sponge to apply both the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer in Light Beige and Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Light under my eyes, around my nose, and anywhere that has discolouration (breakouts, am I right?!)
5. Baking Time! I used my Morphe Highlight and Contour Sponge to pick up the RCMA No Colour Powder and pack it on under my eyes to bake and set my concealer. I then took the Morphe R13 brush and lightly applied the powder around areas of my face that I find require more setting (between the brows, the nose, around the mouth and forehead). After a few minutes, I used this same brush to gently brush away any excess powder under my eyes.
6. I then used MAC’s Mineralized Skin Finish in Give Me Sun with a bronzing brush to apply along my forehead, cheekbones and jawline. I like to apply this along the sides of my nose as well for a little contouring. This picture perfectly depicts where to apply bronzer:
7. Next, I applied the Self-Adjusting Blush by Stila in Bronze to the apples of my cheeks. Unfortunately, this product is no longer available (sorry!) You can apply pretty much any blush to this look though, it is incredibly versatile!
8. I then used the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlight in Champagne Pop to highlight my face. I used the Morphe Y14 to apply the product at the top of my cheekbones, above the arch and tail of my brow, down the bridge of my nose and along my cupid’s bow.
9. Next, fill in your brows as you normally would. I have recently been using an eyeliner brush and dark brown shadow and have been loving it! I then set my brows with the NYX Tinted Brow Mascara in Espresso.
10. Now it’s time to go back to the eyes:
- I went back to the Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Palette with a small pencil brush to apply Beam to my brow bone.
- I then used that same brush to pick up some Champagne Pop and applied that to the inner corners of my eyes.
- Next step is mascara. I am still loving the Lash Paradise mascara from L’Oreal! It is phenomenal! It’s crazy because for years I would always apply two mascaras. I never felt like one was enough until this mascara came into my life! And, I always apply mascara to both my upper and lower lashes.
- Now the fun part, GLITTER! I applied the Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy along my lower lash line beginning at the centre of my eye towards the inner corner. This just makes your eyes POP!
11. Lastly, I applied the BareMinerals GEN NUDE Buttercream Gloss in Groovy to my lips. I wanted to keep my lips neutral to really make my eyes the star of the show! (Plus, I’m obsessed with this gloss.) I then took my ring finger and gently dabbed a little bit of Champagne Pop onto the middle of my lips just to get a little extra glow!
And voilà, the finished look:
I seriously love this look so much! I usually cannot wait to wash my face when I get home, but I did not want to take this off! This look makes your skin glow and your eyes will look mesmerizing!
I just want to seriously thank all of you so much for the love and support! I cannot wait to see what is in order for Y. Beauty Blog’s future and I hope you are just as excited! Stay tuned…