Happy Belated Thanksgiving my beauties!
I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend and were able to spend time with those near and dear. I for one had an amazing weekend as my sister finally got to come home, family that I don’t get to see as often visited and we had yummy food to boot! Now it is back to reality!
This week I am introducing you all the wonderful world of essential oils! I have been using essential oils for years and for a magnitude of reasons. Essential Oils have become a huge trend and there’s so many amazing reasons why. Keep on reading to learn all about these powerful oils from nature:
What are Essential Oils?
Essential Oils are high concentrates of plant extracts, usually from the most aromatic part of the plant. They can be up to 75% more powerful than dried herbs!
How to Use Essential Oils
You can use Essential Oils in three different ways:
- Aromatic – You can inhale the scent of Essential Oils right from the bottle or use a diffuser.
- Dietary – You can add 1-2 drops of Essential Oils to water, tea, etc.
- Topical – You can apply Essential Oils to the skin with a carrier oil (i.e. coconut oil).
Y. Beauty’s Favourite Oils
I have a number of different Essentials Oils that I absolutely love! Here are the Oils that I cannot live without:
- Lavender: Very calming and used to help aid sleep. I love adding a few drops to a nice hot bath!
- Lemon: Great for detoxifying the body. You can add a couple of drops to water to aid digestion!
- Peppermint: Is used for easing upset stomachs and can help with respiratory issues. This one is great for diffusing when you have a bad cold!
- Rosemary: Used for sore muscles, respiratory issues, and hair growth! Apply a few drops to some coconut oil and massage into your scalp for an At-Home Hair Treatment!
- Tea Tree Oil: Best for breakouts or if you have dandruff. Add a couple drops to moisturizer and/or shampoo!
This list is only a snippet of the many uses for my favourite Essential Oils. There are SOOOO many other uses for them and so many other types of Essential Oils! Aaand, did I mention that you can mix them?! Mind. Blown.
Check out this little handy guide I found for using Essential Oils in your beauty routine:
Have you tried Essential Oils? What are some of your favourites?