Love is in the air my beauties!
This week, I am sharing with you a Valentine’s Day-inspired makeup look. I wanted the look to be something simple yet sexy! Of course, I absolutely LOVE a dramatic makeup look, but when I was thinking about Valentine’s Day, I wanted something that wasn’t too complicated, would be perfect for a date night and be a look that can go from day to night.
Whether you are single or in a relationship, this look is perfect for anyone wanting to bring out their sultry-side without looking like they spent hours on it. Here’s my Valentine’s Day-inspired makeup look:
How to achieve the look:
- Always start off by priming your face. You can use whichever primer is your favourite! I like to use the Mario Badescu Rose Water Spray to prime my face.
- As I didn’t want my makeup to be too heavy, I skipped the foundation and went straight to concealer. I do not wear foundation often. I prefer to just use concealer to help colour correct under my eyes, around my nose and wherever else it may be needed. I mixed both Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in ‘Fair’ and e.l.f. concealer in ‘Light’ to get the perfect concealer shade for my skintone.
- Then, set the concealer with powder. My go-to is the RCMA Makeup No-Color Setting Powder.
- I then went in with Hoola Bronzer by Benefit to bronze my skin.
- Next, I applied the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in ‘Paaarty’ to the apples of my cheeks.
- For my eyes, I used the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in ‘Perversion’ and dotted it along my lid. I then just used my finger to smudge it out. I then applied the pencil liner to my upper and lower lash line and tight-lined my upper lash line. Then I took my e.l.f. smudge brush and picked up some black eyeshadow (any black eyeshadow will do) and smudged out the liner on my upper and lower lash line. I didn’t want any harsh lines as I wanted to have a really smokey look.
- I then applied the Stila eyeshadow in ‘Kitten’ to the inner corners of my eyes.
- For my lashes, as always, I like to apply two mascaras. For this look, I used two L’Oreal mascaras – Lash Paradise and Voluminous.
- I then filled out my brows as I always do using the Oh So Pretty Cosmetics Brow Palette.
- For lips, I applied Charlotte Tilbury’s Hot Lips Lipstick in ‘Kim K.’ and topped it with BareMinerals GEN NUDE Buttercream Lipgloss in ‘Groovy’.
- To finish the look, I sprayed my face with the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist.
I am so in love with this look! I find it to be so sultry but not too over the top. It is absolutely perfect for Valentine’s Day!
I hope you all have a fabulous Valentine’s Day and celebrate love with those near and dear!