Hello my beauties!
Another week has flown by and I am just getting back into the swing of things after a long weekend. This week, I have decided to share with you a recent order I made. I always seem to be testing out new skincare products. I am never 100% satisfied and that’s likely because, with the ever-changing weather conditions and hormones, my skincare needs are always changing.
I first heard about The Ordinary from Manny MUA last summer and was astounded by how inexpensive the products are. He mentioned that he was using a couple of the Retinol-based products and I just had to try them! I instantly fell in love. I had run out of those products though around November/December and decided to try something new. However, a couple of weeks ago, I did some research on some of The Ordinary’s other products and determined what to order based on what I think my skin needs.
- Retinol 1% in Squalane – This product is water-free and helps the fight against wrinkles and fine lines. As Retinol can make your skin even more sensitive to sunlight, this product is to be applied only in the PM. I introduced Retinol into my skincare regime over a year ago and haven’t looked back. It makes such a difference!
- Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA – This product reduces the look of spots and hyper-pigmentation. It has a high concentration level and added hyaluronic acid. This product has really helped lighten some discolouration on my face and it seems that any breakout I have gotten is relatively small and is gone so much more quickly than before.
- Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% – This product is used to reduce the appearance of breakouts and skin congestion. The product also balances sebum activity and brighten skin tone. I mainly purchased it for that reason alone as I find my skin scars so easily and I have a lot of redness around my nose (this is common in women due to hormones). My skin appears to be clearer and the discolouration around my face has significantly reduced!
- Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG – This is gold in a bottle! It reduces the look of puffiness and dark circles under the eyes. As I have mentioned before, I have perma-dark circles thanks to my Father’s genes and always feel the need to load on concealer to hide my dark circles. I have honestly noticed a HUGE difference with this product!
- 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil – You can read all about the benefits of Rose Hip Seed Oil here.
Although you should always give your skin at least 3 months before determining whether a skincare product works for you, I can already tell after a couple of weeks how much I am in love with my new skincare regime. I honestly do not feel the need to apply as much makeup as I normally do. Now, I do try to do a face mask at least once a week and exfoliate once a week. My skin is VERY sensitive, so if I do too much, it will freak out! I basically just inspect my face in the evening as I am washing off my makeup to determine what my skin is trying to tell me it needs and go from there.
Now, the best part. I mean if I haven’t sold you already on these products yet, I am about to drop the biggest bomb on you. All of these products cost me a total of $43. FORTY THREE DOLLARS!! If you go to Sephora’s website and type in “Retinol” in the search bar, you will get a long list of items all ranging from $65-$200! I got 5 products for less than that. The Ordinary’s prices seriously cannot be beat and the quality of the products are comparable to those that you would spend nearly 10x the amount on.
I know, you are all running over to The Ordinary’s website as we speak…
Have you tried products from The Ordinary? Let me know what you think!