Hi my beauties! Summer solstice is this week! Now, don’t get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE summer… BUT I really do not enjoy those days where it is so hot outside that my makeup is melting off my face.
So to combat becoming the wicked witch, I am sharing my absolute fave products that can stand up to the heat when it is a scorcher outside!
Y. Beauty’s Sweat Proof Makeup Picks
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – Did you see my post where I mentioned about this liner and the girl in the car accident? Once you do, you will know why this liner is on my list.
- L’Oreal Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara – This mascara has become such a hit and is considered the drugstore equivalent to Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara. Having Lash Paradise in the waterproof formula will help adhere to your lashes throughout the summer heat.
- Oh So Pretty Cosmetics Liquid Velvet Lipstick
- RCMA No Color Powder
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray – A necessity in the final touches of your makeup application!
Y. Beauty Sweat-Proof Makeup Tips
- Try using a primer on your face and another one for your eyelids to help makeup adhere to the skin and last longer! My favourites are the Benefit The Porefessional Face Primer and the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
- When setting your makeup with powder, try pressing the powder into the skin. This will blend the products together more seamlessly and help it last longer on your face.
- Instead of using your setting spray at the end of application, try spraying your beauty sponge with the setting spray and using that to blend out your foundation and concealer. It’s like an extra security blanket to ensure your makeup stays put!
- Try using a gloss or lipstain instead of a matte lipstick.
- Always use blotting paper for touch-ups throughout the day instead of powder as powder can end up cakey – no, thank you!
- Need to cool down? Try using a facial mist like my all-time favourite: Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs + Rosewater Spray. It will help re-fresh your makeup and keep you feeling fresh as well!
As we get deeper into summer and the temps keep rising, I hope these products and tips help you from beating the summer heat! No one wants to have their makeup slide off their face!